High Contrast Development in Infants
- Fantz, R. (1962) “Maturation of Pattern Vision in Young Infants.” Journal of Comparative and Physiological Psychology, Vol. 55 (1962).
- Dr. Craig, Ron, Edinboro University of Pennsylvania, “Infant Physical development”, 2006__prefer black white and red
- Chaze, B.A., Ludington, S.M.,) “Infant Stimulation in the Intensive Care Nursery”, American Journal of Nursing, Vol.84, No.1 (1984)
- Dr. Ludington-Hoe, S., (1985) “How to Have a Smarter Baby”, Bantam Books,
- Teresa Farroni, Mark H. Johnson, et al. (2005) “Newborns’ preference for face-relevant Stimuli: Effects of contrast polarity”. https://www.pnas.org/content/102/47/17245
- Lea Hyvarinen et al. (2014) “Current Understanding of What Infants See” Pediatric Ophthalmology (S. Robbins, Section Editor)
- Mary L. et al. (1995) “Infant Peripheral Vision: the development of Monocular Visual Acuity in the First 3 Months of Postnatal Life”
- Dominique Bremond-Gignac et al. (2011) “Visual development in infants: physiological and pathological mechanisms”.
- Teresa Wilcox et al. (2014) “The Effect of Colour Priming on Infant Brain Behaviour” https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/S1053811913009087
Sensory and Teething Information
- Bright hub education. (2009) “Infant Brain Development Using Sensory Stimulation”. https://www.brighthubeducation.com/infant-development-learning/35203-sensory-stimulation-for-infant-brain-development/
Rebecca Desfosse. (2015) “8 Teething Facts every New Parent Should Know”. https://www.care.com/c/stories/4647/8-teething-facts-every-new-parent-should-know/